Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sad Song Written With Ross 10/23/06

I went down to where the pier meets the water
cause I'm sick of being asked whats wrong
that time and a place for everything that was suddenly vast is gone
long standing questions unanswered
and miracle laughs unventured
this choice that I made was not decided
but instead forced upon and provided
as the world turns I catch a glimpse at the lives I missed
as the wounds hurt I see the final point I wished
that all the names in the bible
could help bring back a revival
of the final and great romance that stood
in the remainder of my childhood
but instead of a pillar high
I'm standing on sand in the cold outside
and the rhythmic kiss of the waves onshore
beckon me to enter and absorb
all the sudden great wisdom
that the freezing surf would listen
and spark a sudden change of heart
just as the green and me depart.

No comments:

Post a Comment